EMC 19.41.030 Definitions.
- “Political sign” means any sign which serves to influence, is intended to influence, or appears to be of the type which is commonly erected to influence an election or ballot proposition.
The following types of signs are allowed in all areas without a sign permit. These exemptions shall not be construed as relieving the owner of any sign for the responsibility of its erection and maintenance, or for compliance with the provisions of this chapter, or any other law or ordinance regulating same.
- Political signs erected on private property up to four and one-half square feet per sign face in residential zones and 16 square feet per sign face in other zones and must be removed within 10 days after the final election involving the candidate or ballot proposition advertised by the sign.
19.41.070 Prohibited signs.
The following signs are prohibited within the City:
- Off-premises signs except real estate open house signs, political signs, community event signs, mural signs, and garage sale signs specifically authorized or exempted herein.
19.41.090 Residential districts (R and RMU zones).
In addition to the other applicable provisions of this chapter, the following regulations also apply in residential zoning districts:
- Freestanding Signs.
- Temporary yard signs may be displayed for up to 15 days and may be mounted on a single pole or stake.
- Real estate and political signs pursuant to EMC 19.41.050.