Public Works Department

The City of Everson Public Works Department provides many of the basic services that affect the daily lives of everyone who lives and works in Everson. Primarily, the department is responsible for all the things we take for granted on a daily basis: the administration, planning support, maintenance and construction management of the City's infrastructure. This includes the production and distribution of over 116 million gallons of water per year and the treatment of over 91.6 million gallons of wastewater per year which is discharged to the Nooksack River. The City also treats the sewage from the City of Nooksack, which represents 26% of the yearly flow. The City has over 64,400 feet of water distribution piping, over 40,000 feet of piping in the sewage collection system, over 9.95 lineal miles of streets, two community parks totaling 11.2 acres and two neighborhood parks totaling 2.1 acres.

For any questions, you can contact Dave Schoonover, Public Works Director, at 360.966.3411 ext. 1300



The City of Everson uses Vendor Rosters through Municipal Research Services Center (MRSC). Please visit their website to enroll  your business http://mrscrosters.org/.


Building Official


Our Building Department is here to serve the public by ensuring safe building practices, answer questions, and provide code information to the public. For further information please contact the Building Department at (360) 966-3411. You may also e-mail City of Everson's Certified Building Official, Jack Faulkner at jfaulkner@ci.everson.wa.us .

The Building Department processes all building, plumbing, mechanical, and other miscellaneous permits (sign, fence, etc).  For electrical permits and inspections please contact the Department of Labor & Industries at 360.647.7300.  An original building permit application, two sets of drawings and all related forms are required.  Review time varies based on the type of project.  Payment is due at the time of issuance. Inspections are scheduled Monday-Friday, from 8:30-12:00 and 1:00-4:30 pm.  Please call in advance, 24-hour notice is required.


A City of Everson business license is required for all retail businesses, contractors and sub-contractors.  Contractor registration numbers are verified through the Washington State Labor and Industries.


The City of Everson enforces the Building Codes adopted by the Washington State Building Code Council. You can view the International Building Codes for free online here.




Certain areas of the City of Everson are located in a flood zone.  The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has provided Everson with a Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM)


Additional information may be obtained from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Please contact the City Planner, Rollin Harper for specific local questions at (360) 966-3411. You may also e-mail the City Planner at rollinh@sehome.com.


Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) or Drones


Rules for Operation:


Regulated by the FAA - www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/         
- Read and understand all safety guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident

Please follow these rules when operating UAS in City limits:
     - Fly at or below 400 feet
     - Always keep your drone within sight
     - Operate drones in daylight hours only
     - Never fly near other aircraft, especially near airports
     - Never fly over groups of people
     - Never fly over stadiums or sports events
     - Never fly near emergency response efforts such as fires
     - Never fly under the influence
     - Be aware of airspace requirements
     - No careless or reckless operations
     - Drone operators are responsible for any injury or damage caused by the drone